This is the spec's and I'm pretty sure I have used all of these features and lots of the 163 stitches. I love that you can just touch the button for the fabric type and it adjusts the tension perfectly!
Sapphire 870 Quilt
- Large Graphic Display
- 163 stitches
- Pattern re-start and mirror image end to end function
- 5 alphabets
- Selective Thread Cutter
- 20 permanent memories
- Start/Stop sewing without foot control
- Electronic Self adjusting Thread Tension
My mega quilter doesn't get at much use as it should but it has tons of features. I think the reason is it is in my craft room and I prefer to sew in the kitchen. Just last night my husband said you don't spend any time in there and I replied I like it better downstairs. I did offer to trade rooms and take over the family room too.....no bite on that one yet : ). One of the really cool things is it goes FAST and it has a screw on 1/4 inch guide so you can do strip sets super fast and accurate.
My frame is slightly different than this one, it has a pantograph shelf, which I have taken off and does not have the utility shelf underneath. I store my big tubs a fabric underneath and that doesn't get in the way of sewing. I also added blocks under the legs, because I like to sit on the edge of a stool and FMQ.
- Sews 1,600 stitches per minute.
- Extra large working area 9" x 6".
- Ergonomically designed especially for quilters.
- Perfect stitches on every fabric thickness thanks to automatic stitch control, thread pre-tension adjustment and adjustable presser foot pressure.
- The knee lift function lets you keep your hands on your project.
- Automatic thread cutting with the touch of a button.
- Industrial full rotary hook system.
- Electronic speed control for stitch by stitch control and full piercing power at any speed.
- Quiet, smooth sewing without vibration.
- Simultaneous bobbin winding while sewing with the separate bobbin winding motor.
- Built-in sewing ruler in inches and metric.
- Easily selected sewing speed with the speed control slider.
- Easy reverse thanks to the large reverse lever.
- Needle threader.
- Adjustable stitch length up to 6 mm.
- Needle Up/Down button.
- Standard accessories for sewing and quilting included.
- Optional accessories for specialty sewing and quilting techniques available.
- Unique utility shelf for additional storage.
- Multiple Sizes: 60"/120".
- Smooth, SEAMLESS tracking
- Engineered for vibration-free quilting
- Patented Fabri-FastT fabric attachment system
- Reversible ratchet system for easy quilt advancement and tension control.
- Bungee Clamps for quick and effective side tension (set of four).
- Easy step-by-step assembly (DVD included).
- Leveling feet with 1 ï¿½" adjustment.
- Engineered specifically for quilting - no "off-the-shelf" parts
- Attachment provided for additional light source.
Features and Benefits
So what kind of machine do you use and what is your favorite feature?