Sunday, February 16, 2014

Finished Clamshell Bag

All done and in the mail to my swap partner.  I hope she likes it!!    
Super challenging as the clasp came with a very basic pattern and no instructions.  I really wanted the clamshells to line up on the ends so it was a bit wider than the pattern and the boxed corners didn't match up to what I had planned so I added more circles to the bottom so it all lined up.  I really, really liked the end result and want to make one for myself now. I used Essex linen and a charm pack of 30's prints that I picked up at "The Road To Ca Quilt Show".

There may be another swap around the corner, you can check it out on Flickr.

Happy sewing, K