So here are Elita's questions....
1. What would we be surprised to find in your closet? I have all kinds of craft supplies....and the UFOs to match. Sewing, quilting, cross stitch, knitting, punch needle, painting, scrap booking, mixed media art...too many to name.. and I love doing them all.....I like to craft hop.
2. Do you have a favorite beverage while quilting? I love a nice Diet Coke over crushed ice, 2nd choice is Strawberry Tangerine Sunrise Crystal Light.
3. What is the one item you would never part with? (quilty or otherwise) my seam ripper! And my snowmen! This in a small selection....I keep them up all year in my craft room so I can admire them....We don't get snow at my house.....
4. Do you have a favourite brand of thread? Not until recently, I have tons of thread of all makes and models, but I just tried isacord and discovered I really like it. I know they say you have to use cotton thread with cotton fabric, but so far I have used whatever color went well with my project and have been happy. I did pick up a spool of bottom line 60 weight and an going to try that out. I saw Cindy Needham use it in her Craftsy class and her work is beautiful why not try it.
5. Do you have a morning and/or evening routine? I don't think I have a routine, but there must be a pattern to my days. This covers weekend only because I do work 40+ hours a week outside the home. First off, sleep in till 8:30ish, take the dog out, get online and read up on blogs I follow, suddenly realize how long I have been sucked into cyber world, and get dressed ready for the day. I take care of errands and grocery shopping, then I can "play" the rest of the day. I keep everything out on the kitchen table, (it's quite the organized mess, or unorganized ). we never eat there even before I took it over. It has always been craft central, when the girls were at home, stamping, painting and scrap booking has lived there. I do whatever strikes my fancy for the day and then around 5ish I think yikes, hubby's coming home soon I better make some dinner. After dinner which he cleans up
: ) , I will do some hand sewing on the couch while watching tv or go back to my table and stay up till midnight or so. I guess I do have a routine!
6. What is your best quilty memory? Watching my sister teach my daughter to make a quilt, she was so patient with her and those 1/4 inch seams.
7. What is your favourite music to listen to while quilting? I don't really listen to music while sewing, I like to "watch" movies. Before my iPad I would use my mini DVD player and watch al my favorite movies, yes I like to watch them over and over. I do get netfix in the mail but now I use my iPad and watch Netflix and Hulu. All time favorite movies, Serendipity, under the Tuscan sun, the entire collection of Sex in the City. Yes I am a romantic!
8. What is your next project going to be? I don't have anything in mind as I am consumed with my hexi progress. I shied up for my first quilting bee, Get Your Hex On and I am the April Queen. It's also my birthday month so getting all my blocks is month is going to be quite a treat!!!!
9. What is the farthest you have ever traveled for a quilting event? I have not been to a quilting event. I did do a shop,hop once and drove to San Diego, a 2.5 hour trip. I did go to a painting convention one time, by myself, in Vegas and that was so great I signed up for one in Reno and then met someone from the painting guild to drive with and be my roomie. That was a blast!
10. Are you a hands-on or lecture-style learner? I like hands on.
11. If you could do anything, have any occupation, what would it be? I would be a teacher or an artist!
So now I am going to find 11 bloggers to nominate the wonderful award to ( at first I thought no way I NEVER send chain mail and I've had my share but this has been really fun and I can't wait to see the responses from my nominees..... I love their blogs and would love to learn more about them...
Here are my questions...
Here are my questions...
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who taught you to sew?
- What is the one thing you have made that you are most proud of?
- What inspires you?
- Do you have any UFOs and how did it happen?
- What is your next project going to be?
- Where is the farthest place from home that you have traveled?
- What is your favorite foot on your sewing machine?
- What kind of sewing machine do you have and how many?
- What is your favorite food?
- What would we be surprised to find in your closet?
|Me and my girl goofing around on the train to DTLA.|