Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Report

Wow, I have had a great week, resting and sewing the days away.

  I made a new IPAD cover with my pattern that I purchased last year on etsy from napkitten   It is the best pattern hands down, has the best look and functionality than I have seen in any other pattern.   The pattern has over 40 pictures on how to make the frame that goes on the front, how to ensure all the ports are not covered and the front facing camera etc... I added the Velcro, not part of the pattern and my first one was fine without it, but it makes me feel more secure.   I love how it came out.  I actually wore out the last one.   I used some batiks from Hawaii that I picked up several years ago.  Here are some pics....


Next up I worked on a postage stamp quilt in Riley Blake Avignon.   I bought this for another project and when it arrived in the mail the colors were not right so they went into the stash.   I had a little mishap during late night sewing that I didn't find out until I started spritzing  it with water to get all the seams pressed perfect.  It looked like my seams were too loose....turned out I grabbed the bobbin of water soluble thread!!!  Disaster😩

So back to the machine and reset those seams.  I hope I found all the bad ones....I'm gonna have to give it a soak to make sure before I add a back and quilt it.

I bought new fabric for a super secret quilt for my daughter for Christmas.  I am making if from the Moda Bake Shop site.  It's a chevron quilt using Kate Spain Sunnyside and white solids.  I did a practice block so I could practice cutting the triangles correctly and lining them up to get al the seams matching.  With the water soluble bobbin of course.  : (  , I can fix it now that I know it's in there.....turns out it's pretty easy and with the jelly roll it should come together pretty quickly. 
And now I just have to bind a new set of pot holders is made for myself!!  I used my hoarded Sweetest Thing by Riley Blake and 2 layers of insul bright and 1 layer of warn and natural.  They are pretty thick and FMQ was a bit hard but I love them!!!  Pics to come later....off to enjoy my last day of vacation before the Retail Wars start up!!   Only 79 days till Christmas.....Happy Sewing, K

No comments:

Post a Comment