Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Laptop Sleeve, a Finish

One more off my to list.....laptop sleeve , check!


I used my Joel Dewberry fabrics from Intrepid Thread and cut up some random strips. Pieced them together with some leftovers from my mini Scrappy Trip Along and quilted with straight lines.



  I cut it to size, added a flap, then lined it with  flannel.



The back with straight line quilting.


Boxing the corners, I used sharpie to mark it...

I had 1 strip at the bottom that I wanted to ensure it landed at the fold, so I marked it with my new Bohin, ceramic chalk pencil.




 Ta Da!!!!
 The finished sleeve!!!   I love how it looks with it's boxed corners, snug fit (on the verge of too snug, but it's gonna stretch, I keep telling myself!) and a very cheery look to brighten my day at work!!



 Here is a picture of Tyson my daughters cat cozying up to the improv rug I made for Christmas. I love his fuzzy belly!!  Yes same fabric....that fat quarter bundle goes a long way and I'm STILL in love with it.

Off to sew a bit, took a vacation day! Yeah, happy sewing, K

No comments:

Post a Comment